Andis Foundation Awards Grants to Eight Locally Based Programs
Andis Foundation, the charitable giving arm of Sturtevant, Wis.-based Andis Co., has given grants to eight recipients so far, this year. Grants are prioritized to locally based programs that operate within the Foundation’s mission to help build strong families, develop thriving kids and foster a vibrant community in which to live.
“The Andis Foundation is excited to continue to develop partnerships with organizations that exhibit Andis Company’s guiding values of excellence, integrity and respect while building strong communities on the foundation of families,” said Laura Andis Bishop, co-president of Andis Co. “Since we began awarding Foundation grants in 2016, we’ve been able to provide over $500,000 in aid to some fantastic organizations that are really impacting their communities.”
This year’s Andis Foundation recipients include:
- EPEC – The Grooming Project, a Kansas City, Mo.-based organization that strengthens families by helping unemployed single mothers find their new way into self-sufficiency by learning the craft of dog grooming.
- John XXIII Educational Center, a Racine, Wis.-based after-school program that prepares students to graduate from high school with the skills needed for success in the workforce and in higher education.
- The Racine Art Museum’s RAM on the Road Program, a creative solution
- that delivers art education to school-aged children in the Racine, Wis., area via a mobile art studio.
- The George Bray Neighborhood YMCA in the Racine, Wis., is receiving support from the Andis Foundation as it strives to provide area youth with programs that build on a healthy spirit, mind and body.
- Racine ZOO Conservation Nation Program, a new program for the Racine Zoo in 2018, Conservation Nation is a family-focused education program that will provide engaging opportunities for families to learn and problem solve together. The program raises awareness for wildlife conservation – locally and globally.
- Wisconsin FFA Foundation, which get Andis Co.’s will support for Wisconsin FAA’s Supervised Agricultural Experiences programs designed to help students develop critical skills to the care and business management of beef livestock, as well as foster ingenuity and engagement in the Agriculture industry.
- Hospitality Center of Racine, a new program—inspired by Andis Co. associates—provides people in need with monthly haircutting services at no charge. Services will take place at a “pop-up” barbershop within the Center and are available for both adults and youth. In addition to funding, local Andis Co. associates and hair professionals will be volunteering to deliver the barbering and hairstyling services.
- WI Humane Society of Racine County, which will continue to get funding from Anids Co., for the Human Society in Racine, where it will provide support for monthly pet grooming on animals awaiting adoption. In addition to funding, the bathing and grooming work will be performed by Andis Company associates and volunteer dog groomers.
In addition to the above grants, Andis Foundation matches Andis Co.’s annual United Way corporate giving campaign and conducts a formal matching program for the benefit of charities supported by Andis Co. associates. It also created the Next Generation Leaders Scholarship program, awarding financial assistance for the children of Andis Co. associates pursuing secondary and post-secondary education. To date, the Andis Foundation has supported 10 kids in their journey to advance their education.