Business Trends: Is Your Website Mobile Friendly?
52.7% of Black Friday sales were made using mobile devices. Is your website ready for the mobile revolution?
The future of shopping is here and it’s all occurring in real time on small, shiny smartphones and tablets. Customers are choosing to shop from the comfort of their homes. This year 57.2% of Black Friday sales were made on mobile devices, according to a report by Adobe.
With this shift to mobile, businesses have to think like their customers. How does your customer find you? On his smartphone. How does your customer purchase from you? On his smartphone. How does your customer review your product? On his smartphone. The entire customer experience comes down to the mobile device he may be carrying in his pocket.
In a recent article in Entrepreneur Alex Iskold says, “What this means is that your customers are increasingly coming to you via mobile devices. This applies to everyone -- from consumer apps to enterprise technologies. Even if your customers are going to spend millions on your enterprise license, they still are likely to first click on a link on their phone, while sitting on a couch and not paying attention to some TV show.”
This means your web presence doesn’t just have to be mobile-friendly, it has to be mobile tested and mobile approved. Iskold offers five tips to make your mobile website awesome:
- Brand. Think about how to communicate your brand on mobile devices.
- Scroll. Make everything scroll-friendly. Put the most important information on top.
- Fonts. Make sure you are using fonts, colors, and images that are easy on the eyes.
- Calls to Action. Direct users to sign up for emails or download now or purchase online.
- Test, Measure, Optimize. You can’t tell how your website is doing if you don’t test it out, measure your success or your failures, and then optimize your customer experience.