Hagen Group Unveils 15 Products for Cats, Dogs, Aquatics and More at Global Pet Expo
The Hagen Group, a Mansfield, Mass.-based international manufacturer and distributor of pet care products, unveiled its portfolio of new items set to launch later this year at Global Pet Expo, which was held March 20-22 in Orlando, Fla. The company will expand upon its line of Catit cat products, aquariums from Fluval Aquatics, Exo Terra terrariums, and Dogit dog wellness and play items.
"Each year we expand our portfolio to best meet pets and pet parents' needs," said Jeff San Souci, director of marketing for Hagen Group. "We're especially excited to launch our daily cat food and expand upon our offerings of cat treats."
For its Catit brand, the company showcased the following:
- Gold Fern Cat Food, an air-dried cat food is complete, balanced and available in three flavors.
- Catit Dinner, a perfect evening meal to replenish cats' energy overnight, according to the company. Catit Dinner is a dual-layered wet food containing proteins and vitamins, and complements cats' daytime dry food intake. It's available in 12 varieties.
- Catit is also launching Nibbly Jerky, Wraps and Grills treats, while also expanding upon its Catit Creamy treats.
- Flower Fountain LED with features such as an LED nightlight, a 3-liter water reservoir with a triple action filtration system, and six water pockets for drinking even when the fountain is turned off.
For its Fluval brand, the company highlighted the following:
- The Fluval Flex 32.5 US Gallon (123 L) aquarium, which brings a new addition to Fluval's bold curved aquarium series. The item comes equipped with a mobile-device-operated Aquasky LED that offers total control over brilliant custom colors, multiple dynamic effects, and a programmable 24-hour light timer.
- The new Fluval Flora aquarium plant kit includes everything needed to grow a thriving underwater garden–from brilliant 7500K LED lighting, to a pressurized CO2 kit and an iron-enriched GRO+ micro-nutrient formula. Flora also comes with a multi-stage filter with adjustable flow control to accommodate hearty and delicate plants.
For dogs, the company unvieled new toys for pups of all ages and sizes, which included the following:
- Growlers, which feature tough characters and materials combined to deliver a unique toy that is strong enough to withstand the most enthusiastic puppy play, while being gentle to a dog's mouth, said company officials. Choose from six animal characters.
- The Zeus Mojo Brights collection, which includes everything from cuddly animals to interactive discs and rope toys.
- The Zeus Mojo Naturals collection, which combines materials such as rope or tennis balls with crinkle material or squeakers for interactive fun.
- The Zeus Nosh chew toys, which were developed to help relieve boredom, stress and frustration from teething, and to strengthen dogs' jaws, officials said. The line offers flexible bones for teething and strong bones for more enthusiastic chewers. Available in three flavors.
- Dogit Stuffie, which features quirky woodland, jungle, and barnyard characters that keep dogs active and engaged.
- For the dogs who like to take a dip and cool down, the K9 Fitness Hydro water toys hone in on retrieval skills and encourage exercise.
In the carrier category, the company introduced the following:
- The Voyaguer Carrier by Dogit, which is the ideal vehicle for keeping pets safe and secure while traveling, officials said. They are now available in four new, contemporary colors.
- The Explorer Carrier by Dogit, which is ideal for small dogs, and offers a solution for pet owners on the go. The soft-sided pet carriers are available in four styles: 2-in-1, Backpack, Expandable, and Tote.
In its Exo Terra, the Hagen Group debuted the Exo Terra Plaudarium is a semi-aquatic terrarium habitat that replicates a rainforest, swamp or stream and can harbor aquatic as well as terrestrial animal and plant species.