National "Pet Project" Pitch Competition Names Finalists
The finalists for Pet Project 2017, the first national pitch event dedicated to innovations in the pet industry, have been named. Pet Project is a collaboration of Pet Coach, Whistle, and it is made possible through Mars Petcare and Petco.
The inaugural venture program invites entrepreneurs to pitch a new service or product in a private forum for the chance to win a $25,000 "no strings attached" cash prize, and get feedback from industry experts within Mars Petcare and Petco.
The 2017 finalists are:
- Activ4pets in Miami for its digital pet health record application
- Barkily in San Diego for its dmart pet ID and life management software
- Besto in Philadelphia for its adoptable pet destination
- Bridge Veterinary Services in Philadelphia for its connected pet health service
- Fetch Labs in San Francisco for its pet life-management software
- GOMI Labs in Seoul for its robotic pet toy
- Lacuna in Denver for its rapid pet diagnostic solution
- Pawprint in San Francisco for its digital pet health record applications
- Puptimize in San Diego for its pet training marketplace
- Vetted in Los Angeles for its at-home veterinary service
- WoofAdvisor in London for pet-friendly travel guide and marketplace
Pet Project 2017 was initially open to entrepreneurs building early-stage pet care businesses and online submissions for the program closed on July 1. The finalists have all been invited to Las Vegas to present their ideas in a private pitch to a judging panel of pet industry experts from Mars and Petco. Pet Project 2017 will take place on July 25, at SuperZoo in Las Vegas. One winning idea will receive a cash prize of $25,000 to help accelerate their business; and the winner will be announced July 26 at a invitation-only breakfast reception.