Pet Connections Expo Launches Boot Camp for Retailers
Pet Connections Expo will be introducing a new boot camp for independent retailers at its third annual industry trade show, which will be held Oct. 15-16 at the New Jersey Convention & Expo Center in Edison, N.J.
“Tactical Lessons to Drive More Sales this Holiday Season,” facilitated by Lynn Switanowski, founder and president of Creative Business Consulting Group in Boston, aims to help business maximize fourth-quarter sales with “actionable tips and tactics to be used immediately, and for years to come.”
“We are excited to add this valuable 2-and-a-half-hour educational session to kick off our second day programming with Lynn Switanowski,” said Bill Doherty, president and show director of International Conference Development, the organizer of the event. “Stay tuned for announcements of additional high-profile, industry-leading speakers, including our Opening Panel on Tuesday, Oct. 15, ‘Half the Bark, Twice the Bite!,’ moderated by Antoine Seailles of Pet Food Experts, opening a discussion on ‘Ways To Successfully Compete with Big Retail & Online, Despite Limited Budgets & Resources.’ Our goal continues to be to focus on the independent retailer and empower their success.”
Also new this year is a partnership with Candace D’Agnolo, founder of the consulting business firm Pet Boss Nation. Expo coordinators will be working closely with D’Agnolo on one its Campfire Areas.
“These educational areas have become very popular on the show floor over the past two years, offering retailers invaluable business insights,” Doherty said. “Pet Boss Nation has a growing community of thousands of pet professionals with a common vision, to help bring profits to pet businesses. This is simply a perfect fit.”
The campfire areas will offer 20-minute sessions throughout the two-day event on topics such as:
- “The Shocking, Low-Tech Secret to Generating Maximum Customers in Minimum Time”
- “Public Relations in the Pet Industry: What You Need to Know”
- “Forming a Relationship with Dog Trainers”
- “Advice from the Pet Influencer Perspective: Learn How to Work Strategically with Influencers to Grow Your Brand & Customer Base”
- “Which Social Media Channel is Best for My Business?”
- “The Bottom Line: Online Metrics to Track for Your Pet Store”
- “2019 Trends: Making the Most of Your Marketing”
- “Grow Your Business with Photography”
- “How Pet Stores Can Form a Win-Win Relationship with Professional Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers”
- “Life After Christmas—Planning for Spring”
“Owners are the most valuable asset to their business, yet rarely invest in themselves,” said D’Agnolo. “Many people begin careers in the pet industry because they are passionate for pets, but quickly learn it’s not about playing with puppies all day, more like working like a dog. This is why I’m so excited that Pet Connections Expo is bringing business educational opportunities right to the show floor, making learning easily accessible for retailers and vendors to participate.”
Registration for Pet Connections Expo is free to qualified retailers and pet professionals, which includes groomers, boarding professionals, trainers, pet sitters and veterinarians. To register, click here.