Pet Supermarket Now Offers Curbside Pickup
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Pet Supermarket is now offering curbside pickup. The move, according to officials, is to ensure safety of their community. The availability of curbside pickup is one of the newest changes in store operations, which officials originally announced in late March.
Revised store policies include:
- Dedicating increased attention to e-commerce services through Pet Supermarket in order to fill home delivery options.
- Limiting the number of customers that can enter the store at any time to two.
- Shortening hours of operation to 10 a.m-6 p.m. to allow for re-stocking and sanitation of stores. (Customers are encouraged to call their local store to confirm hours.)
- Currently not accepting returns and extending the return policy period. Customers are being asked to keep the item(s) intended for return and associated receipt(s) until further notice.
- All customers are asked to have a list or photos of supplies ready, so that associates can help retrieve products. Customers will be directed to wait at the sanitized checkout counter to complete all in-store transactions. (Debit or credit is preferred at checkout, officials said, adding that some stores are no longer accepting cash at this time.)
- Temporarily closing all self-serve dog wash stations and grooming salons.
- Canceling all local events and postponing its annual Pet Appreciation Month and National Adoption Weekend, supporting local animal shelters and rescues.
“We believe this is the best solution for balancing our three main priorities: safety of our employees and devoted pet lover customers, servicing the essential needs of pets and maintaining a clean and sanitized work environment,” said Richard Maltsbarger, president and CEO of Pet Supermarket in Sunrise, Fla. “I want to thank all of our associates and customers for working together through this difficult time to find the best ways possible to continue to care for the pets we all love.”
Pet Supermarket officials said that they are closely following all regulations regarding COVID-19 and continually keeping the safety and health of employees and customers top of mind.