PetQuip Awards Recognize UK Pet Companies, Dr. Roger Mugford
Dr. Roger Mugford on stage with his Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2015 PetQuip Awards.
PetQuip, a British trade organization representing the pet industry, honored 22 pet companies for various achievements and Dr. Roger Mugford at its 2015 PetQuip Awards Dinner and Party.
The event was part of this year’s PATS Telford, Britain’s largest annual pet industry trade show.
In a special tribute, Roger Mugford, Ph.D., well-known animal psychologist and founder of The Company of Animals, received a Lifetime Achievement Award from PetQuip.
“I was amazed. I was sitting with my friends enjoying a wonderful evening and then the Lifetime Achievement award winner was announced,” said a surprised Mugford. “Everyone on the team had managed to keep it a secret.”
“It’s a great honor to be recognized in this way,” he added.
Earlier this year, Mugford received a similar honor at SuperZoo when the World Pet Association bestowed him with its own Lifetime Achievement Award.
The other 2015 PetQuip winners included:
- Supplier of the Year: Gold, Denes; Silver, Scruffs; Highly Commended, Mutneys
- Wholesaler/Distributor of the Year: Gold, Pedigree Wholesale; Silver, Peregrine Livefoods
- Exporter of the Year: Gold, Pet Rebellion; Silver, Beco Pets; Highly Commended, Group 55 and Tasty Bone
- Marketing Campaign of the Year: Gold, Beco Pets; Silver, Sureflap; Highly Commended, Hownd and Pet Food UK
- Pet Product Innovation of the Year: Gold, Sureflap (microchip pet feeder); Silver, Pet Munchies (natural pet treat line); Highly Commended, Collarways (Stay Over Rover) and Nutriment (natural raw food for smaller, less-active dogs)
- International Retailer/Wholesaler-Distributor of the Year: Gold, Whesco, Denmark; Silver, Eye 4 Pets, Netherlands
- UK Retailers of the Year: Joint Gold, Wags and Whiskers Pet Boutique, Stockton on Tees and The Pet Place; Silver, Pets Korner
The sponsors of this year’s PetQuip Awards included Petface, Natures Menu, Pet Trade TV, Pet Food UK (Barking Heads) and Maryanne Stokes Ltd.
Impact Exhibitions, the organizer of PATS, helped throw the PetQuip Awards and Party.