Petco Foundation Honors Animal Welfare Advocates at Awards Event
Joann Fuller, brand engagement manager for Hill’s Pet Nutrition, along with Daymond John, Petco Foundation board member, present the Innovation Award to Dallas Animal Services interim assistant director Jordan Craig and director Ed Jamison.
More than 500 pet enthusiasts recently helped the Petco Foundation honor animal welfare heroes at the nonprofit’s annual Lifesaving Awards event in San Diego. Hosted by Emmy Award-winning journalist Nancy O’Dell, the awards recognized seven organizations and individuals from across the country for their dedication, determination and daily actions to create lifesaving impact for pets in need.
The event was also a time to celebrate the foundation’s 20 years of animal welfare work. Since 1999, the nonprofit has invested more than $260 million in various programs. With the help of its more than 4,000 animal welfare partners, the Petco Foundation strives to “inspire and empower” communities to make a difference by investing in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research, service and therapy animals, and numerous other lifesaving initiatives, officials said.
“The 2019 Petco Foundation’s Lifesaving Awards was an extraordinary celebration of the love that saves animal lives and a testament to our belief that we are all stronger working together to create a lifesaving nation,” said Susanne Kogut, president of the Petco Foundation. “We celebrated our 20-year history as catalyst for lifesaving change and honored the exemplary work of seven organizations and individuals whose dedication and commitment to solutions and achieving success creates a significant lifesaving impact.”
The 2019 Lifesaving Award winners:
- Love in Action Award presented by Blue Buffalo to Dog Is My CoPilot
- Paul Jolly Compassion Award presented by Royal Canin to Angels of Assisi
- Helping Heroes Award presented by Merrick to K9s For Warriors
- Lifesaving Impact Award presented by Smucker’s to Montgomery County Animal Services
- Unsung Hero Award presented by BOBS for Dogs from Sketchers and Victoria Stilwell from Positively to Kayla Denney from the City of Taft Animal Control Department
- Innovation Award presented by Hills to Dallas Animal Services
- Love Amplified Award presented by Petco to Bill Abbott and Crown Media
Details on each winner can be found here.