Petnet Launches Digital Marketplace to Help Pet Owners Find Best Foods for Their Breed
SmartShop enables pet owners to compare recommended foods within their price range, easily purchase food within the Shop and have it delivered right to their doorstep.
Petnet has launched SmartShop Beta, a digital marketplace that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to guide pet owners to the appropriate foods for their pet’s breed and specific needs. The company has also unveiled the second generation of its flagship product, the Petnet SmartFeeder.
Users can now enter their pet’s age, weight, activity level, allergies, breed and more on the SmartShop Beta webpage, and then the shop then automatically curates a selection of pet foods tailored to that pet’s endemic needs. With SmartShop Beta, pet owners can compare recommended foods within their price range, easily purchase food within the Shop and have it delivered right to their doorstep via Petnet’s SmartDelivery service, said officials for the Los Angeles-based company.
After listening closely to customer feedback over the past few years, Petnet incorporated some of the most sought-after features into the SmartFeeder 2.0 in order to better serve pet parents’ needs, said company officials.
The compact and sleeker SmartFeeder 2.0 features:
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant means users can dispense feedings by using their voice and get audible updates about the latest feeding and current food supply.
- Compatibility with more foods, including pyramid and flat shaped kibbles.
- An improved pet-proofed lid and dispensing features make it nearly impossible for pets to break into the stored food.
- More sensors allow for greater accuracy with portion control and feeding notifications.
- Machine washable hopper and dispensing mechanism. Every part of the SmartFeeder that touches pet food is washable.