Petrics Launches Pet Health and Nutrition App
Petrics Inc., a pet health technology company, has launched a free health and nutrition app for pet owners. The Petrics App aims to helps pet owners provide healthier food options for their pets.
"Technology has the capability to transform what it means to keep our pets healthy," said Edward Hall CEO of the Wilmington, N.C.-based company. "By collecting information about our pets' activity levels, diet and other important data, we can react faster when potential health concerns or unusual behaviors surface."
Pets age at a rate up to 10 times that of humans and health problems are likely to develop more rapidly. Over 53 percent of pets in the United States are classified as overweight. Like humans, pudgy pets face diabetes, mobility issues, breathing and heart problems. Weighty issues like these fed the need for a high-tech pet health and nutrition solution.
"Proper nutrition plays a critical role in ensuring our pets live longer, happier lives," said Hall. "With the Petrics Health and Nutrition App, we are giving pet parents the resources to help detect health issues early. When combined with veterinarian-recommended nutritional advice, the App can help guide pet owners to create a diet plan for their pets."
The Petrics Health and Nutrition App offers a breakdown of more than 15,000 foods and 17,000 ingredients, giving pet owners a valuable tool in making informed choices about their pets' diet, according to the company. The App is part of a pet health ecosystem developed by Petrics to empower pet owners to manage, track and respond to their pet's health and nutrition needs.
The App features include:
- Pet owners have the ability to tailor their search based on their dog or cat's specific nutritional needs.
- Healthier food options for dogs and cats. Petrics data and methodology was created with valuable input from pet nutritionists and veterinarians and considers each breed's genetic risks, pre-existing medical conditions and other criteria to match pet food and treat recommendations, officials said. It takes the burden and time-consuming research away from pet owners by centralizing information in one easy-to-use interface, the company added.
- Pet owners can use the App to find and filter foods based on ingredients such as protein type, flavor, artificial additives and individual pet preferences.
- Access to FDA pet food recalls so pet owners can act promptly if impacted by a recall.
- It acts as personal pet care assistant, making life easier for pet owners by setting critical reminders like vet appointments, when to administer or reorder pet medications, application dates for flea and tick prevention and more, according to the company.
- Allows users to manage multi-pet families and share dog and cat profiles with pet sitters, dog walkers, veterinarians and other family members.
- Controls an ecosystem of connected Petrics products that track critical pet health data, including the Petrics Activity Tracker and Petrics Smart Pet Bed. The Activity Tracker is a waterproof, wearable device that logs activity levels, rest levels, and other health metrics to identify optimal diet solutions based on caloric intake and associated burn rates. The Smart Pet Bed has a built-in scale and activity sensor, allowing pet parents to track weight fluctuations and rest periods. It is the first pet bed with thermostatic heating and cooling.
The Petrics Health and Nutrition App works with both iOS and Android platforms is available for download in the App Store and Google Play.