Royal Canin Partners with Hannah Shaw to Educate Cat Owners
To keep members of the cat community curious and educated about their cats’ health and well-being, Royal Canin, a St. Charles, Mo.-based dog and cat food manufacturer nutrition, is continuing its popular Catology series with a new installment: Catology Presents Kitten Lady and Friends, hosted by kitten advocate, Kitten Lady Hannah Shaw. During each episode, she will be joined by experts and heroes in the cat rescue and veterinary world.
“Caring about cats means staying curious about all of the issues that impact them— from vet care to nutrition to behavior. With so much to learn, I’m thrilled to be bringing together leading experts whose knowledge can help us make the world a better place for cats,” Shaw said on her upcoming series with Royal Canin. “Whether you’re a guardian wanting to learn about managing your cat’s health, or a volunteer wanting to make a bigger difference for shelter cats, this series truly has something for everyone. My goal is to empower people to constantly grow in their curiosity and awareness so that we can build a more cat-friendly and compassionate society.”
Cat-loving viewers can tune in each Saturday for eight consecutive weeks starting Aug. 1, at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT to learn about the most important feline health topics from the Kitten Lady and her guests:
- “Running a Cat Rescue” with Chris Gutierrez and Shelly Casey, owners of Catcade
- “Disaster Preparedness for Cat People” with John Peaveler of the San Diego Humane Society
- “Cat Behavior Explained” with cat behaviorist Dr. Mikel Delgado of UC Davis
- “Cat Nutrition Explained” with Brianne Morrow, LVT and VTS, Nutrition Communications Lead for Royal Canin
- “Saving Cats from the City Street” with Sassee Walker of The Cat Rescuers
- “Vet Care for Vulnerable Kittens” with Dr. Rachel Wallach of Orphan Kitten Club
- “Adoption & Beyond: How to Find Your Perfect Cat & Keep Her Healthy” with Steve Kaufman of PetSmart Charities and Dr. Kirk Breuninger and Dr. Taneeka Bautista, Banfield
- “The Future of Cat Shelters” with Dr. Julie Levy of UC Davis and Million Cat Challenge
“Royal Canin and Hannah Shaw are bringing this exciting cat education series to consumers across the country in hopes that more pet owners will keep feline health, wellness and nutrition at the top of their minds,” said Anthony Wild, cat acceleration director of Royal Canin USA. “We are striving to make sure cat health is continuously seen as a priority and believe this will bring the cat community closer to that goal.”
In addition to YouTube, more resources on cat health, nutrition and behavior will be available in the Royal Canin Catology Facebook Group, a community for cat owners, where veterinarians, nutritionists and other feline experts will host chats and share resources for new kitten and cat fosters and owners.
More than half of American cats do not receive annual preventive veterinary care, officials noted. As part of Royal Canin’s annual Take Your Cat to the Vet campaign, Royal Canin and Hannah Shaw are partnering to raise awareness about the issue and will touch on tips and advice during each episode to help underscore the importance of regular check-ups and establishing a relationship with a veterinarian.