SuperZoo Aims for Most Exhibitors of Any North America Pet Retail Show
SuperZoo—the pet retail trade show event produced by World Pet Association (WPA) is on track to feature the most exhibitors of any pet retail show in North America, with more than 1,100 participating, according to Doug Poindexter, president of WPA.
“We expect SuperZoo to remain the largest show in terms of buyer attendance, bringing more buying power to the show floor than ever before,” said Poindexter. “Beyond that, we’re incredibly excited about the unsurpassed education sessions, top-notch keynote speaker and all the wonderful events that surround SuperZoo.”
The event is scheduled for Aug. 2-4 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, with conference sessions scheduled for Aug. 1-3.
Additional highlights at this year’s SuperZoo include:
- Earvin “Magic” Johnson—basketball legend and CEO of Magic Johnson Enterprises—will open the 2016 trade show on Aug. 2 with a sold-out keynote on persevering through setbacks and how he parlayed his skills and tenacity on the court into success in the business world.
- Styx will play to a sold-out audience at House of Blues on Aug. 3.
- More than 700 new product debuts will be part of the New Product Showcase.
- A redesigned exhibit hall and two new halls means an additional 85,000 square feet of exhibit space, streamlined for ease of access for attendees and exhibitors, according to WPA.
- Retail Monday education sessions will cover topics including staff training, human resources, leadership, social media, customer service and marketing, among others.
- Grooming education sessions focus on how to build your business by adding rapid growth areas including daycare, boarding and dog training. Animal wellness sessions focus on small animal care in stores and best practices geared toward bird, reptile and fish.
- Top grooming contests with more than $45,000 in winnings in all major grooming categories.
- Networking Reception on Aug. 2 from 5-7 p.m., where WPA will present its 2016 Retailer of the Year Award and announce the winner of the “Show Us Your Good Works” photo contest.
- The Big Pitch television show will return on Aug. 1. SuperZoo exhibitors will have the opportunity to pitch the panel, which includes direct-to-consumer sales pioneer (and former ABC-TV “Shark”) Kevin Harrington.
- U.S. Postal Service is releasing a new pet-themed line of stamps during SuperZoo.
WPA added that some of the trends attendees can expect to see on the exhibit floor include high-tech pet products, new innovations in pet food, advancements in pet travel and comfort, natural and eco-friendly merchandise and the latest fashions in pet décor, clothing, collars and more.