WPA Reports Attendance Growth for 2019 Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference
The 2019 Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference, produced by World Pet Association (WPA), saw a 4 percent increase in professional pet stylists and service professionals attendance. The trade show, conference and competition was held March 7-10 in Atlanta and featured live grooming competitions, product discovery, education on trending and innovative topics, networking and more.
“Pet service professionals come to Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference to bolster their skills, learn new techniques and advance their careers—they realize that their experience is amplified by the opportunity to connect with peers and develop a network for support,” said Jacinthe Moreau, WPA president. “Our event features acclaimed and renown subject matter experts but everyone has a transferable commodity of experience to share. This unique event provides a platform for the exchange of ideas and the opportunity to strengthen our already powerful community. The industry grows and we grow personally by sharing our expertise with others. This exchange fosters a legacy of collaboration, innovation and connection.”
New this year, Paint and Sip Party, provided a fun, engaging and relaxed atmosphere for attendees to network and showcase their artistic talents by painting with Heather Carter from Tickled Pink Pet Designs. Over an evening of art and wine, pet pro tips were shared that strengthened the ability of the pet community to stay current on business best practices, grooming trends and product offerings.
Groomers and stylists from around the world come to this event to showcase their talent during the show's grooming competition. Contestants double down for bragging rights and the chance to win nearly $30,000 in cash and other prizes. This year’s winners are:
- Best First Time Competitor Contest Winner: Courtney Crowley of Two Mutts and a Poodle Pet Salon in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Best International Stylist in Show: Jackie Boulton of Jackie Boulton in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Best All Around Pet Stylist in Show: Lindsey Dicken of Fetching Canine in Altamonte Springs, Fla.
- Best Pet Stylist in Show: Mackensie Murphy of Groomington Coat Factory in Sparta, N.J.
- Poodle Finals: Veronica Frosch of Veronica Frosch in Coon Rapids, Minn.
- Mixed Salon Styling Contest Winner (Open Level): Ashley Pacini of Pash the Canine Boudoir in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.
- Kenchii Cup Contest Winner: Ashley Waters of Fancy That Grooming in Claypool, Ind.
- Runway Abstract Contest Winner: Leslie Waldrep of Leslie Waldrep in Tuscumbia, Ala.
- Creative Styling Contest Winner: Milena Kon of DMK in Laurence Harbor, N.J.
- Rescue Rodeo Contest Winner: Izaiah Pheasant of Two Mutts and a Poodle in St. Petersburg, Fla.
With more than 70 seminars, live demonstrations, hands-on workshops, in-depth presentations and onsite certification opportunities, every attendee had the opportunity to expand their repertoire and learn new skills, said WPA officials. Top trends were also on full display on the exhibit floor where attendees were able to view and source thousands of products from national brands and emerging companies. From pet accessories to professional shears to ergonomically-correct grooming equipment, businesses found the most sought-after products to keep their stores performing at the highest level, according to WPA officials.
Atlanta Pet Fair & Conference is the premier show for pet service professionals in the Southeastern region of the U.S. Next year’s event will be held March 12-15 in Atlanta.