Global Pet Expo 2016: Are You Ready?
This year’s Global Pet Expo is right around the corner!
On March 16-18, the American Pet Products Association (APPA) and Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA) will once again present the pet industry’s largest annual trade show at the Orange County Convention Center in sunny Orlando, Fla. There’s so much to see and do packed into three short days, so rest up.
So how big is big? Check out these facts from the Global Pet Expo website. In 2015 there were:
- 1,051 exhibitors
- 3,113 booths
- More than 13 football fields’ worth of pet product
- More than 900 companies from around the world showcased their products
- 6,061 buyers/retailers with many being international retailers
Get your party on and plan to attend some of these great events. They are such a wonderful opportunity to network, mingle with the pros, meet new friends and even get a quick bite to eat. Special events this year include:
- Networking Reception: Wednesday, March 16, 6 - 7:30 p.m. on Concourse Level 1 in the convention center. Dogster magazine is this year’s host. What a fabulous free event for you to mingle with people in the industry and develop new relationships. Come eat, meet and greet old and new friends in a fun atmosphere after a long day on the show floor. No registration is required, but you do need to wear your badge.
- New Products Showcase awards ceremony: Thursday, March 17, 5 - 6 p.m. on the show floor in the New Products Showcase area. There will be nine winners receiving a Best in Show award for various categories. Prior to the ceremony, make sure to allow some time to visit the New Products Showcase so you can vote on your favorite product in each of the nine categories. This unique 30,000-square-feet area is where exhibitors can highlight their newest items, enabling buyers to preview all the new products in one location. In 2015 there were more than 3,000 new product launches. That’s a whole lot of “new” with which to entice customers into your store.
- APPA Professional Women’s Network Breakfast: Friday, March 18, 8 - 8:45 a.m. in Room No. W209 in the convention center. This year APPA’s Professional Women’s Network will join forces with the APPA Young Professionals to cohost this networking event. The Young Professionals group is the first group in the pet industry geared toward developing the career paths of our future leaders. This year’s special guest is Christie Rampone, captain of the U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team. No registration is required, but you do need to wear your badge.
Saving the best for last are the true celebrities of the show! A big thank you to Global Pet Expo and its support of our local Orlando rescue groups. Many of our local dogs in need of homes will be featured in various booths in the Expo. Besides getting their minute of fame modeling, demonstrating or just lounging around, many get adopted. Each year their representation expands enabling more and more dogs to find their “forever” homes.
Learn more about the show at globalpetexpo.org.
If anyone has any questions about the show or Orlando in general, feel free to email me. I also am available for consultations in respect to product, merchandising and marketing should you care to meet before, during or after the show. Safe travels if you are attending the event, and, as always, I can be reached at Julie@dogandfriends.com.