Pet Industry News Current Issue Exclusives Classified Ads Marketplaces Industry People & Profiles Pet Industry Resource Center
7:33 PM   September 01, 2014
Click Here to Subscribe
Click Here for Complete Breed & Species Profiles
Bookmark and Share

Tractor Supply Introduces Private Label Dog Food

Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 5:30 p.m., EST

Tractor Supply Introduces Private Label Dog FoodTractor Supply Company, a farm and ranch store chain based in Brentwood, Tenn., has launched a premium private label dog food, 4health. The company is marketing 4health as an affordable pet food that provides dogs of all ages and sizes with nutritional ingredients for optimal health.

"At Tractor Supply, we understand how our customers feel about their dogs as a member of their families,” said Ken Wilmes, vice president, divisional merchandise manager at Tractor Supply. "We’re excited that, in many cases, we will save our customers money and also improve the quality of nutrition for their pets.”

The 4health brand is offered in all of Tractor Supply’s more than 900 locations nationwide. Formulas include Puppy Formula, Small Bites Formula for small breeds, Performance Formula for adult dogs with active lifestyles, Large Breed Formula for large breeds, Chicken & Rice Formula and Lamb & Rice Formula. Each formula has meat listed as its first ingredient, and none of the formulas use poultry by-product meal or artificial colors or flavors, according to the company.

Tractor Supply is targeting budget-conscious consumers with the launch of 4health. The 4health brand costs up to 20 percent less than national brands, according to the company.

For more information,click here. <HOME>

Give us your opinion on
Tractor Supply Introduces Private Label Dog Food

Submit a Comment

Industry Professional Site: Comments from non-industry professionals will be removed.

Reader Comments
I was just ready to buy this 4health chicken and rice for my dogs, however having them had a salmonella issue with a Diamond Plant food label two years ago, Diamond manfuactures about 15+ or - different brands and the Kirkland brand which is same ingredients as TOTW has had more recalls and all 5 of my dogs got sick so I won't buy anything made at Diamond plant, so very disappointed and I am also concerned where the products originate from, there is an issue with anything coming in from China. Any update on that information?
Joyce, Pittsburgh, PA
Posted: 7/17/2014 11:58:38 AM
4Health sounds like a good food. My question is- where do they source ingredients from? (Yes, I'm concerned about any ingredients from China).
Deb, Huachuca City, AZ
Posted: 6/11/2014 1:08:21 AM
where is this food manufactured?? It says where it is distributed, but not where it is made. I will not feed anything made in most foriegn countries, esp. China
Judy, Sebrin, FL
Posted: 4/19/2013 3:20:26 PM
I work for the Tractor Supply Company in the Oxford store. Diamond does make our brand 4Health but this line of food has been produced along side with a Tractor Supply team who has decided the ingredients and quantities, this is why the food is sold under our name because it is our product produced with our customers in mind. But it is different than the Diamond self brand.The Diamond self brand dog food is still sold in our stores along with the 4Health. As far as the recall goes I can say for a fact that this past April 2012 was the only recall for Diamond in my 4 years at TSC. I'm not sure about anything earlier than that. I hope I have answered some questions but if anyone still has more they can call their local Tractor Supply where someone is always willing to help.
Keri, Oxford, PA
Posted: 9/16/2012 6:05:48 PM
View Current Comments

Dog Training Solutions
Buy Now
Grooming Your Dog
Buy Now
Healthy Puppy
Buy Now
Copyright ©  PPN, LLC. All rights reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY/OUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Our Privacy Policy has changed.