Posted: Aug. 20, 2012, 7:55 p.m. EDT
The food truck craze is going to the dogs—and the cats.
The Pet Café, a food truck sponsored by Hill’s Pet Nutrition Inc. of Topeka, Kan., is touring the United States to promote the company’s Science Diet Ideal Balance line of pet foods and treats. Free samples are doled out to hungry dogs and cats at each stop, while their owners get coupons.
October 2012 stops will focus on the Western United States, including:
A hungry patron indulges at the Hill's Pet Café food truck at a Chicago dog park. Credit: INNOVA Marketing
• Santa Monica 5000 in Santa Monica, Calif., Oct. 7
• Los Angeles pet stores and dog parks, Oct. 9-10
• San Diego pet stores and dog parks, Oct. 11-12
• San Diego Pet Expo, Oct. 13-14
• Arizona State Fair in Phoenix, Oct. 18-21, 2012, and Oct. 25-28
• Phoenix pet stores and dog parks, Oct. 22 and 29
“We’re passionate about making all-natural pet foods and can’t wait to share samples and more with hungry pets,” said Mark Champ, product manager for Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
So far, the Pet Café has appeared at the Minnesota State Fair, the Chicago Air and Water Show, the Taste of Colorado and other pet-friendly events as well as at pet stores and dog parks across the nation.
The food truck’s schedule is updated at Hill's Facebook page.<HOME>
Industry Professional Site: Comments from non-industry professionals will be removed.