Posted: August 15, 2013, 12:30 p.m. EDT
By Clay Jackson
As the only pet industry conference zeroing in on social media, BarkWorld doesn’t have to be innovative, but it’s introducing several new features this year nonetheless.
Participants at the 2013 BarkWorld Conference and Expo, which occurs Aug. 22-24 at The Westin Buckhead in Atlanta, will encounter a bevy of new attractions, speakers and perks.
BarkWorld is now in its 4th year. Shutterstock
Keynote speakers include Victoria Stilwell, Animal Planet host and dog trainer; Mallory Colliflower, community manager of HGTVGardens.com and Matt Silverman, editorial director at Masahable and co-founder of The Fluffington Post.
Stilwell will speak on a variety of media-related subjects, Colliflower will talk about pet-friendly gardening, and Silverman will look at how to make content more searchable.
Other new activities for this year include:
• Networking exercise done in the style of "speed dating.”
• Invitation-only breakfast for cat social petworkers.
• Cat and dog bloggers will share social media success stories at a special session.
• Themed block parties sponsored by Petco, Best Friends Pet Care, Nutrish and PetPR.com.
• New on-stage demonstrations, including home DIY, pet lifestyle, pet food cooking, pet dental health and brushing, and brand product demos.
Now in its fourth year, BarkWorld is expected to draw more than 300 social networkers, bloggers, business leaders and other pet industry practitioners to the three-day affair.
To view the complete schedule and list of speakers or to register, go to BarkWorldExpo.com. <HOME>
Industry Professional Site: Comments from non-industry professionals will be removed.