With Valentine’s Day just past us, it is time to pay homage to our furry friends who provide us with unconditional love. So here goes…Top Five Reasons Why Dogs Make the Best Companions:
#5 Dogs Keep Our Blood Pressure Down
• Medical research has shown that dogs can relieve stress and anxiety. Redirecting your attention from that deadline at work, your domineering boss or your upcoming medical procedure and focusing on your dog can work just as well as some blood pressure medications.
#4 Dogs Provide Motivation to Exercise
• You are always more likely to exercise when you are doing it with someone (or something). It is oh so easy to roll over and hit the "snooze” button instead of getting up to go work out in the morning—unless, of course, there is a thumping tail hitting the hardwood floor next to you waiting for you to get up and go for a walk.
#3 Dogs Do Not Judge
• No matter how bad you look or feel or how much you screwed up your relationship with your significant other, your dog will always be there for you waiting to be petted, waiting to lick away your tears, waiting to let you know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to the world.
#2 Dogs Don’t Require You to Spend Money to Have a Great Time
• How many people do you know would be content retrieving a $0.99 tennis ball or a balled-up sock in your backyard for hours on end? How about chasing a red laser pointer in your living room until exhaustion sets in? I guess the point here is simplicity and pure, unadulterated joy.
#1 Dogs Always Look So Darn Cute
• I recently watched a special on PBS about dogs. Part of the show discussed why humans are attracted to dogs. The program highlighted a study which indicated the human brain reacts to pictures of puppies very much the same way it reacts to images of newborn babies. That’s probably why puppies are so irresistible.
So make sure you return some of that unconditional love your pup provides you on a daily basis.
Industry Professional Site: Comments from non-industry professionals will be removed.