Nature’s Logic has become the first pet food company to join the American Sustainable Business Council (ASBC), officials recently said in a statement. ASBC is a business organization that “serves the public policy interests of responsible companies, their customers and other stakeholders.”
“Nature’s Logic is a stellar addition to the 250,000 responsible businesses represented by the American Sustainable Business Council,” said Jeffrey Hollender, CEO and board chair of the ASBC. “With its Clean Food, Clean Energy program and sustainable packaging, Nature’s Logic is perfectly aligned with ASBC’s policy focus and exemplary of how American business innovation can help to build a vibrant, broadly prosperous, sustainable economy.”
David Yaskulka, CEO of Nature’s Logic, added, “As a proud member of the American Sustainable Business Council, Nature’s Logic can now more broadly fulfill our role in advancing our mission—to apply the logic of nature to everything we touch.”
The Lincoln, Neb.-based company “aspires to a sustainable business model” with programs and practices that include:
- Going clean: As part of its Clean Food Clean Energy Program, Nature’s Logic purchases 1 kWh of renewable energy for every pound of pet food Nature’s Logic sells, according to officials.
- Sustainable packaging: Nature’s Logic’s Distinction line, and its newest treat line, are packaged in Certified Plastic Neutral bags, the first in the pet industry, officials said. The company has also started incorporating packaging made with post-consumer recycled materials, officials further noted.
- Renewable powered: Nature’s Logic headquarters is powered by 100 percent renewable electricity, as is the manufacturing of its dry pet food and bags, and newest treats, according to officials.
- Sustainable brand: Accredited as a Top-20 Sustainable Brand by the Pet Sustainability Coalition Positive Impact Program, Nature’s Logic has been designated as a leading sustainability-company that integrates environmental and social practices that benefit pets, people and the planet, officials said. The program is based on “rigorous” metrics and measured against United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, officials added.
- Certified seafood: Nature’s Logic Distinction Grain-Free foods contain Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood that meets the MSC Fisheries Standard, a science-based set of requirements for sustainable fishing, officials said.
- Philanthropy: The Greater Good Nature’s Voice Awards, created by Greater Good Charities and Nature’s Logic, amplifies the voice and impact of sustainability nonprofits and advocates around the globe by recognizing environmental leadership, officials said.
- Think global, shop local: Nature’s Logic is an advocate for local independent retailers, supported by its Distinction line, which is offered for sale exclusively in local stores, officials said.
“ASBC and Nature’s Logic are aligned to help expand the eco-system of environmental partners, customers, retailers, distributors and team members that are fueling the movement to a greener, sustainable economy,” Yaskulka said.
For more of PPN's coverage on Nature's Logic, read: