Pet Product News (PPN) is kicking off its annual search for the hottest pet products on the market. Every year, PPN’s editors reach out to manufacturers, soliciting their best new products. We’re seeking products that bring pets and their people closer together, enrich mealtime, make playtime more fun than ever and more.
Many of the 2020 Editors’ Choice Award winners keyed in to pet owner demands, such as World’s Best Cat Litter’s Multiple Cat Lotus Blossom Scented formula, which was developed in response to cat owners’ desire for a litter with a subtle scent. The company’s litter is made from sustainable corn with no added chemicals, and several other winning products had planet-friendly features as well. The EarthStyle collection of harnesses and collars, from 2 Hounds Design, is crafted with earth-friendly webbing made out of 100 percent recycled plastic bottles. The trend also carried over to dog toys, with P.L.A.Y. (Pet Lifestyle And You)’s Barking Brunch Plush Toy Collection and Spunky Pup Dog Toys’ Clean Earth toy line both featuring products made from 100 percent recycled plastic bottles. You can view these innovative products and the rest of the 2020 Editors’ Choice Award winners here.
PPN’s editors can’t wait to see what exciting new products manufacturers submit this year. We plan to select finalists from the entries and publish them in our October 2021 issue. After that, the finalists will be whittled down, and the Editors’ Choice Award winners will be presented in our January 2022 issue. If you’re a manufacturer with an innovative new product, keep reading for details on how to submit.
The deadline to enter is May 5, and submissions must include the following:
- A press release or paragraph(s) of text describing the product or product lines. The press release must include: the company name, the product name, a detailed product description (about 100 words or more), a publishable website and the product’s launch date (month and year). Also include the name, phone number and email of the person we may contact with questions.
- A high-resolution image of the product or product line. It must be about three by five inches at 300 dpi or larger and in jpg, tif, pdf or eps format.
Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and have “Editors’ Choice Awards” in the subject line. Products should not be mailed at this time.
Manufacturers should keep these requirements in mind:
- The editors are looking at new products, including those that have been reformulated or redesigned, and submitted products must have made their debut on the market no earlier than July 1, 2020.
- Manufacturers may submit a maximum of three products.
- Products must be available wholesale to independent pet supply retailers by Aug. 1, 2021.
Any questions should be directed to email@example.com, with “Editors’ Choice Awards” included in the subject line.